Express Trade Frames is a member of Assure a leading ‘Competent Persons Scheme’, authorised by the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG).
Express Trade Frames installers can now join ‘Assure’, to self-certify window and door installations, instead of getting building regulations approval for each individual installation.
Official requirements now state that installers and surveyors wishing to certify their own work will have to demonstrate their Minimum Technical Competencies (MTC) and every customer must be given independent financial support.
How does Assure benefit the installer?
There are a large number of benefits to becoming Assure certified. Aside from offering your customers the reassurance that your competitors might be unable to offer, there are also a number of advantages to you and your business:
- Self-certification for compliance to building regulations
- Registration of installations with the Local Authority
- Building regulation compliance certificates sent direct to your customers
- Assure certification can cover all systems and product materials
How does Assure benefit my customers?
When it comes to improving their home with new windows and doors, it can be a daunting task for homeowners to choose a company they think they can trust. You could offer your customers the confidence they require by becoming an Assure certified installer.
- Choosing an Assure certified installer to complete the work means they can rest assured that the installation complies with building regulations. They will be sent a building compliance certificate after the installation is complete.
- All installers and surveyors registered with Assure will be provided with branded ID cards to demonstrate to customers they have the appropriate Minimal Technical Competencies (MTC).
How do I become a member?
To become an Assure certified installer you will have to undergo an inspection to ensure you meet the high standards required by the scheme. All members of the Assure scheme will be inspected at least once every year; and are required to keep the Assure head office updated of any relevant changes within their business.
What is required of me as an Assure certified company?
- All fitters to keep up to date with current building regulations
- To undertake an NVQ or MTC accreditation as required
- Knowledge of British Standard Installation of Windows and Doors (BS 8213-4)
- Collect evidence of Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Allow our inspectors to visit your installations
- Register all installations with an approved Insurance Backed Guarantee (IBG)